Labels

4/13/2011

Keeled Box Turtle Eating Centipede

I found this 14cm-long centipede just out of my bedroom. Althouth ugly and disgusting, it could be a palatable and nutritious feed for my keeled box turtle.
Before feeding it to the turtle, some preparatory work must be done.
I carefully caught this dangerous creature and cut its fangs off, or it may diliver nasty bites and cause serious damage to the turtle, or me, of course. 
Now it is harmless and ready to be eaten.
So the greedy sponge wasted no time to have its meal.
It is totally crazy.







 Taking a bath after the feeding frenzy.
Keeled box turtle, a middle-sized forest turtle living in tropical jungle of South-East Asia. Soil invertebrate such as centipedes, insects, spiders, snails and earthworms are their natural prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment